Nigerian Insurers Association, NIA is the organizational body for all insurance companies in Nigeria. It’s responsible for protecting the interest of insurers. NIA was established in 1971.
The NIA enables all the insurance companies to speak with one voice either to the Government or any other parties in matter concerning insurance. It’s also tasked with ensuring good relationships exist between member companies.
Functions Of Nigerian Insurers Association
As stated on their platform, the NIA is tasked with the following functions
- Protects the interest of Insurance companies
- Fostering good relationships between member companies.
- Ensuring all insurers speak one voice to the Government.
- Contributes effectively to legislation and other decisions.
- Organizes Seminars and other events on matter relating to Insurance.
- Publishes related books and journals.
NIA Current Principal Officers
- Chairman: Mr. Ganiyu Musa
- Deputy Chairman: Mrs. Ebelechukwu Nwachukwu
- Honorary Treasurer: Mr. Olusegun Omosehin
- Assistant Honorary Treasurer: Mrs. Bola Odukale
- Director General/CEO: Mrs. Yetunde Ilori
NIA Contact Details
- Address: 264 Ikorodu Road, Savoil Bus Stop, Obanikoro, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Telephone: +2348170784444, +2348029908531
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: Nigeriainsurers.org
How To Check Member Companies
Protecting and advancing the common interests of Insurers in Nigeria by creating and sustaining a positive image for the Insurance industry and contributing to legislation, and decisions made by the Government and other public Authorities in the best interest of the industry in particular and the national economy in general.